Do not attempt this unless you are in very good health see the disclaimer
1. Place yourself in a comfortable position
2. Place your hands on your upper abdomen below your ribs
3. Breathe as you usually breathe and notice whether your hand moves more
than your chest moves
4. Watch as your hands rise as your diaphragm expands. If your hands hardly
move consult your doctor or healthcare professional.
5. Breathe at a comfortable pace. Breathing too quickly (as in panic attacks)
might cause hyperventilation. Sometimes if you are short of breath or need
to breathe rapidly it might be due to an underlying medical or other problem
which you need to consult your doctor or qualified health professional
6. If you are uncertain whether your breathing is normal or not, you may
need to consult your doctor or qualified health professional.